Friday, August 8, 2014

Hebrews 3:13New International Version (NIV)


13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness


I love this verse because I need to remember that I am called to encourage those around me. As a Christian, if people see me being selfish and bringing others down, am I showing them Christ's love? Am I influencing others in a way to be a follower of Jesus Christ, to be excited for God? That's a heavy responsibility!


Here are a few things that I find myself doing more of when I am encouraging:
                             *more gratitude
                             *love on others more
                             *show more kindness
                             *more generous


This verse also causes me to experience less of a few things:
                             *less complaining
                             *less negativity
                             *less self centered thinking
                             *less busyness
 
God's word is amazing and hiding His words in our heart WILL transform our hearts! I challenge you and myself to put this verse to action this week....over and over. Blessings!                   




Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment