Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sometimes when I stop and think about God knowing and seeing all my junk and yet still loving me, it's really overwhelming. There is no one else on the earth that has the insight about who we really are, except God. He knows our actions....and our thoughts. There is no hiding from God...no running from Him, just ask a guy name Jonah. Every time I read the story of Jonah I wonder how he could have been so stupid? He heard the voice of God, he was a prophet of God! (Could you imagine listing that on a resume as a job title? lol....anyway) And even with all the knowledge that he had, he believed that he could hide from God, that he could just run away and God wouldn't know. Oh, Jonah, Jonah, Jonah! Seriously, how was he so stupid? Christians every where still laugh at Jonah and wonder what in the world was that guy really thinking.
So, what in the world was I thinking? You thinking? We have ALL had a "Jonah Moment." I've had so many "Jonah Moments" that I'm not sure Buckingham Palace has enough closets to hide them all in. Even if I hid them there, it wouldn't matter. We cannot run, take a boat, or a plan to escape God's knowledge of what we have done or who we really are. That is so profound. But our God is even bigger than that. Even though he knows all the stuff that we ourselves don't want to know, He desires to be close to us, to have a relationship with us, to bless us, to love us. Talk about profound!!! THAT is mind blowing! There are times when I don't like myself vey much, disappointed in what I've said or done...turn my eyes from what God calls me to do, but the creator of the universe, the alpha omega, the one true God..loves me. And He feels the same about you. :)
Romans 8:38-39 Write this down....and remember it for the next "Jonah Moment."
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment