Friday, January 30, 2015





Max Lucado’s newest book, “Before Amen,” is a must read for anyone who wants to have a better understanding about what prayer is and how God calls us to participate in it. Thanks to my friends at Family Christian for sending me a free copy of Max’s book early, I was able to read it before it was officially announced as The Book of The Year for Family Christian. It only took me a few pages in and I was so hooked I had to read it with my pen in hand! I marked up my book for furture reads. This is a book that I will read more than once.



Prayer life for Christians is such an important part of our relationship with God. Yet, many miss out on this time to spend with Him. My life is an example of how God will take hurt and use it to draw you in. During the mist of the most painful time of my life, I simply told God that no more would I pray for the things that I want. I was tired, I was lost and I was full of pain all the time…and my ways were no longer what I sought. I changed my prayers and looked at the time completely different than I had ever done so before. I began to pray that my heart and my mind would be opened to hear and follow what God was asking me to do. I repeatedly told Him that I would go wherever he asked me. I would deal with situations in a way that were glorifying to Him rather than rely on myself to deal with things. And in doing so, He has changed who I am…dramatically. As I read Max’s book, it felt like he had put my life experiences to paper. And sometimes we find ourselves at a loss of how or what to say to God. Max offers up a “pocket prayer” to use in times such as those. It’s simple, short, and yet still provides a connection to God’s power. Prayer with God is like this….faith+trust=God’s Power. If you’re struggling in anything….prayer WILL fix things.  “Prayer can be the internal voice that directs the external action,” what a powerful and true statement!   Praying may not change your circumstances, but it will change who you are. Take time to read Max’s new book, “Before Amen”, it will help you unlock God’s presence in your life.

Grab your copy here






 (Lucado, 88)

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment