Monday, August 18, 2014

1 Samuel 16:7New International Version (NIV)

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

My 4yo loves this verse. She will recite it randomly. And I find myself so thankful that she does. This is a great reminder for me of how God expects us to treat others. And it gives me a chance to talk to my kids about this topic. So often the way we respond to things are because of our own perception. We don't take the time to see what's in someone's heart and respond according to the way the Word of God teaches us to respond. It can be frustrating working with someone who never seems to do things the way you think they should be done. But try to not be quick to become snippy with that person, try to look deeper into their heart. Just because someone's heart is in the right place does not mean that things can just be excused when things go awry. But, focusing on the heart will help how you react to the situation in a loving way. When so many people are focused on revenge and bitterness, you can be a light and example of how God loves us and is merciful. You can be the difference in someone's life!

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment